COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT – DMCA NOTICE
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a United States copyright law that provides online service providers who have content on their sites to be relieved from liability for copyright infringement if they promptly remove the offending content once notified of an alleged infringement by the copyright owner (“Copyright Owner”).
If a Copyright Owner believes that their copyright work has been copied without permission, they or their authorized agent may file a complaint (“Takedown Notice”) with Highlands via its designated agent (“DMCA Agent”) whose contact information is:
Copyright Agent (DMCA)
Highlands Info Tech Pvt. Ltd. Attn: Legal
Graphix Tower, A-13 A, 3rd Floor
Sector 62, Noida
Uttar Pradesh 201309
BY EMAIL: [email protected]
A Take Down Notice to Highlands’s DMCA Agent must contain the following information:
- The signature of the person sending the notice as the Copyright Owner or its authorized agent.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Location (URL) of the alleged infringing material.
- Contact information for the Copyright Owner or its authorized agent.
- A statement that the person sending the notice has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the Copyright Owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the person sending the notice is authorized to act on behalf of the Copyright Owner.
Please be advised Copyright Owner or its designated Agent who make misrepresentations in a Takedown Notice or otherwise with regards to the copyright infringement may be liable to Highlands for damages or expenses incurred as a result of any such misrepresentations.
NOTE: Highlands’s DMCA Agent only accepts Takedown Notices to address copyright infringement claims under the DMCA. Other than Takedown Notices, Highlands’s DMCA Agent does not accept (and will ignore) any other communications of any nature including (without limitation) legal notices.